Windy City Music Theatre is a professional theatre and school. The company provides classes, camps and shows for all-ages in its Jefferson Park studios, and in schools around Chicagoland.
Founded as Youth Company Chicago in 2012, WCMT has grown to a bustling program that serves over 500 students in education programs, and performs for thousands and thousands of audience members.
Windy City Music Theatre is divided into five divisions, each with it own distinct purpose:
- YOUTH COMPANY: In the Youth Company, "kids command their own audiences!" (Click here for detailed information about the Youth Company)
- TEEN ENSEMBLE: Ensemble-based shows for Ages 13 & up (or Grades 8-12). (Click here for detailed information about the Teen Ensemble)
- MAINSTAGE MUSICALS: Family-friendly, all-ages shows, featuring professional actors, auditioned & non-auditioned teens & youth. (Click here for detailed information about our Mainstage season)
- PAGE2STAGE SERIES: Literature-based shows performed by our resident actors and teaching artists in our studio theatre and at school assemblies, including educational workshops. (Click here for detailed information about Page2Stage shows and workshops)
- SCHOOLSITE PROGRAMS: Based on our Youth Company model, located at schoolsites all around NW Chicago. (Click here for detailed information about bringing a Youth show to your Schoolsite)
Click "play" below to see a video about Youth Company Chicago: